Levitra is a drug for treating impotence in men. This is one of the most proven and effective sexual enhancers that can overcome the problem of impotence from the very first dose. The original version of the drug was developed by German specialists, but nowadays generic versions of Levitra (Canadian, Indian) are produced by many pharmaceutical companies.
Often it is not enough to just take a drug, if you want it to act properly, you should follow some rules. Males who suffer from ED may wonder: how to take Levitra to achieve maximum possible effectiveness?
Why Might You Prefer Levitra?
The most popular ED medication in the world is Viagra. It is known as a preeminent brand, so its sales are still high despite the existence of many competitors on the market. Cialis is probably the most known competitor of the “blue pill” which acts remarkably longer than Viagra. Its duration of effect is 36 hours, while Viagra feature only 4-6 hours. Well, Levitra acts for 4-5 hours. But nevertheless it has decent popularity (especially in some European countries). We believe that there are two reasons for this.
- The first one: Levitra is more efficient in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus which often coexists with impotence because it is one of causative factors of sexual weakness (due to diabetes-caused deterioration of the blood circulation).
- The second reason: Levitra might be effective in males who haven’t experience proper effect. According to some reviews, patients have tried different ED meds and herbal supplies but only Levitra brought the expected effect.
How to Take Levitra Tablet: Must-Know Tips
- It is recommended to take Levitra swallowing the pill down with water. Using other fluids isn’t advised because it is not clearly known how they may interact with the pill’s covering and internal ingredients. There are no reports about dangerous interactions, for example, with milk, but better follow instructions. (Recently we analyzed how to take Viagra: with water or milk.)Moreover, scientists have proven than grapefruit juice may lead to unsafe interactions, as this fruit contains a substance which inhibits an enzyme ensuring proper removal of toxins and pharmaceutical substances from the body. As a result, a concentration of vardenafil in the blood may become iffy.
- The medication can be taken with food (while you eat), but don’t combine it with high-fat or heavy meal, as this may slow down absorption of the drug, and the onset of effect will be observed later than expected (the medicament usually starts to act 25-60 minutes after ingestion). Levitra works best when taken on an empty stomach, which has been confirmed by patients’ reviews.
- Wait about an hour before having sex. If you take Levitra, it may be better to plan your sex in advance, as the peak concentration of vardenafil (the key active substance), and, subsequently, the maximum effectiveness is shown 1-2 hours after using. Then the efficiency of the medical remedy begins to decrease, slowly but surely.
- If you take any medications, herbal/dietary supplements, let your doctor know about that. The medication may dangerously interact with some other drugs (for instance, nitrates, erythromycin, ketoconazole) and supplies (like L-Arginine). Better safe than sorry. Healthcare professionals also recommend to avoid St John’s Wort, a natural remedy for depressions, if a patient takes Levitra or other PDE5 inhibitors.
- Discuss your medical history (anamnesis) with a healthcare professional. While general conditions like cold, flu, mild gastritis etc. usually don’t matter, cardiovascular diseases may be factors that prevent Levitra administering. For instance, it is contraindicated to take the tablet if you’ve recently had stroke or another cardiovascular event. The same goes for situations when a patient and/or someone from his family has a history of degenerative ophthalmic diseases.
- The maximally allowed dosage of Levitra is 1 pill per day. Don’t take more than 2 pills within a 24-hour period, this may be associated with elevated odds of side effects occurrence.
- Don’t combine the medicament with other drugs from the family of PDE5 inhibitors (Cialis, Levitra, Stendra, etc.). Chances to receive a boosted (synergetic) effect are improbable, but the risk of side effects definitely increases.
- It is desirable to avoid alcohol or at least minimize its consumption when you are treated with the pill. Alcoholic drinks in huge quantities tend to decrease Levitra effectiveness, moreover, the cumulative action of ethyl alcohol and vardenafil may lead to arterial pressure drop resulting in headaches, weakness and even reluctance to have sex. Several glasses of whiskey in combination with Levitra can cause the opposite effect, not the one that you’ve expected.
Last but not least, you may use Levitra over a long period of time. This pharmaceutical product is not addictive, so prolonged usage pose no danger to your health (in terms of addictiveness). Some males may build up a tolerance to the medication, but such incidents are really rare.