Cialis is prescribed for treating erectile dysfunction (ED). It’s commonly called a “weekend pill” due to an unbelievably prolonged duration of its activity, which lasts on average 36 hours. Such long-lasting action (if you take it before sexual act) is one of the longest compared to other medicines against problems with erection.
The Impact of the Medication
Tadalafil is manufactured under brand name Cialis. Tadalafil provides blocking of enzyme’s action, which is also called as cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE-5). cGMP is a component, which stimulates the relaxation of smooth muscles. The enzyme breaks cGMP down. If PDE-5 is blocked the cGMP’s levels are increased. Consequently, smooth muscles relax and blood vessels get wider (this process is known as a vasodilation).
Enhanced amount of PDE-5 is common for such organs as lungs, retina and penis. It is presented in a minor quantity in blood vessels’ smooth muscle cells and muscles.
The Maximal Efficiency of Cialis When Taken as Needed
The highest rate of Cialis concentration in plasma is observed from half an hour to 6 hours after (average time is 2 h) taking the necessary dosage. The required effect of the drug last approximately 36 hours, which is especially appreciated by the patients.
The medicine is allowed to be consumed for a long period. According to the study of the Italian scientists Montorsi F, Verheyden B, Meuleman E and others (held in 2004) Tadalafil in doses from 5 to 20 mg per day for 18 or 24 months is completely safe and greatly tolerated.
- Alcohol beverages (especially in huge quantities) are not recommended to be combined with Cialis, since they minimize blood pressure and lower sexual performance.
- Specialists don’t recommend to eat grapefruit during therapy with Cialis.
- Consult licensed healthcare specialist before trying any drug for ED to avoid severe side effects, which may occur in men with some medical conditions.
- Immediately visit your doctor in case of feeling dizziness, painful sensations, nauseous during sex, tingling in arms, jaw, neck or chest, numbness.
- It’s prohibited to mix Cialis with drugs, based on nitrate (for instance, nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate/mononitrate) in case of chest pain and heart conditions. Taking Cialis together with recreational medicines (for example, “poppers”) can lead to the sudden and dramatic drop in blood pressure.
When Does the Peak Action of The Drug Take Place With Daily Usage?
There is a version of medicine which has to be taken in small dosages. That is why everyday usage is allowed. This property of Cialis allows you to have sex whenever you desire. Most anti-ED medications are taken at certain time, not daily, which isn’t convenient for patients, who want to enjoy sex constantly.
Cialis (daily) may show its effect not immediately after taking. The organism may require several days to get used to the medication.
You should start the therapy with 2.5 mg. If no evident changes happen, the dose should be increased to 5 mg. Keep in mind that men who take Cialis everyday are at risk of facing rapid lowering of blood pressure in case they drink a lot of alcohol.