Online pharmacies are a very convenient way to buy the necessary medicines, especially those for treating ED. After all, men value their privacy very much and do not want anyone to know about their problems. Unfortunately, the online pharmaceutical market offers many counterfeits that are associated with some health risks.
Counterfeited Drugs in Online Pharmaceutical Market
According to estimates of experts from international organizations, counterfeits account for 40% of the world pharmaceutical market. The WHO believes that on the Internet, part of counterfeit medicines can be up to 50 per cent. Experts say that counterfeiting of medicines has turned into the largest international underground business comparable in scale to drug trafficking, with the only significant difference that no one is insured against the threat of buying counterfeit drug, regardless of social status and income level.
In most cases, counterfeit medicines are not equivalent to the original drugs or generics in terms of quality, effectiveness, or side effects. Examples of counterfeits include widely used drugs, e.g. paracetamol, controlled substances such as human growth hormone, which is often illegally used in sports, and other types of drugs such as Viagra and Cialis. Viagra is counterfeited quite often, because it is a very popular medication among men suffering from erectile dysfunction. At the same time counterfeiters very skillfully forge the original medication. They give the tablet the same shape as original Viagra, put the same markings and offer medicines in the same package.
*Check our non-counterfeited Canadian Viagra: https://mycanadianhealthcaremall.com/product/viagra/
Several years ago, Pfizer Inc. (the developer of genuine Viagra) conducted its own investigation. Experts of this company bought Viagra from various sites, including suspicious ones, which claimed that they were selling the original Pfizer medicine.
Here is what they found in the counterfeited Viagra and other drugs:
- blue printer ink (counterfeiters have used it to give the tablets a blue color);
- Metronidazole*, an antibiotic that can cause gastrointestinal upset in large dosages;
- increased dosages of the active substance, which increases the risk of side effects and can cause harm to the body;
- binding agents, for example, drywall, which prevent the absorption of the tablet in the digestive tract;
- toxic substances, for example, road paint and rat poison, which can cause poisoning of the body and even lead to death;
- a completely different medication that has a different effect on the body and potential side effects.
*For more information about Flagyl ER (Metronidazole), please visit this page: Coming Soon!
Dangers of Counterfeited Viagra Use
There are several types of counterfeit medicines on the pharmaceutical market:
- “Empty” drugs. They are usually not dangerous, but they do not give the desired effect. Counterfeiters add empty fillers to them and that’s it. Although in some cases they can work by analogy with placebo.
- Medications that mimic treatment. They contain some active ingredients (for example, extracts of some plants), but these ingredients are cheaper and much less effective. They can have a curative effect, but they do not work as well as sildenafil (the basic component of Viagra).
- Medicines with a low dose of active agent. The minimum dosage of Viagra is 25 mg, it is also available in 50 mg and 100 mg dosages. Some counterfeiters may decrease the dosage of the active substance. As a result, the medication may not work or exert a weaker effect.
- Medications with increased dosage. It is not known why some scammers add more active substance than necessary. However, such counterfeits exist on the pharmaceutical market. They can have a stronger effect but their use is associated with a much higher risk of side effects.
- Meds containing wrong ingredients. This is a dangerous kind of fakes when manufacturers add to the tablets cheap antibiotics or something else instead of sildenafil and other active substances. Such “medicines” can be dangerous to health because a person may have an allergy to the ingredients actually contained in a counterfeit medication. In addition, such products can cause unpredictable side effects and react unpredictably with other medicines.
Experts believe that all falsifications are potentially dangerous for health, since they are not subject to quality control required for legal medicines.
However, the most dangerous thing is when counterfeit medicines contain harmful chemical ingredients (examples of such ingredients have been described above). In this case, the patient will not only get the desired effect, but will also do harm to their health. So be very careful when buying Viagra on the Internet.
How to Avoid Counterfeits When Buying Viagra?
When you buy medicines on the Internet, evaluate the appearance of the website. Also, check if the site has an SSL security certificate and if there is a form for contacting the support service. In addition, it would not be superfluous to read reviews of users who have already bought medicines in this online pharmacy. If you see a kind of original medicine at a low price, it is most likely a fake. Legal generics do not claim that they are originals, they can have a different form.
By adhering to these simple rules, you can avoid fake Viagra on the Internet.
Another tip: you can get free samples of Viagra (Canadian Health Care Mall provides such an opportunity) and check their quality. If you are satisfied, you can order in this pharmacy in the future. My Canadian Pharmacy guarantees high quality of anti-ED medications.